We offer a checking account that fits your financial needs and goals! Carolina Federal Credit Union has no per check fee, no minimum balance requirements and no monthly fee. Get online-access to your account 24/7 and we also offer the courtesy pay privilege. Whether you are a high school student or a senior citizen, our checking account is for you!
- FREE CHECKS WITH DIRECT DEPOSIT
- MONTHLY DIVIDENDS
- PAYROLL DEDUCTION (Direct to your Share Checking account.)
- OVERDRAFT PROTECTION
- Free ATM/DEBIT CARDS
- AUTOMATIC DRAFTS (For mortgage payments, insurance premiums, etc.)
- DUPLICATE CHECKS
- MONTHLY STATEMENTS (e-statements or mail)
If you wish to receive further information concerning CFCU Checking Accounts, or any other products we offer, you can reach us through our CONTACT US page. We’d love to hear from you!
Convenient, electronic access to your money—anytime, anywhere!
That’s what a CAROLINA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION MasterCard Debit Card can give you! The perfect card for members with a CFCU Checking Account. Our ATM Card provides easy access to your savings account only.
How does the MasterCard Debit card work?
It works like a check…only better! You can present your card to merchants for almost any type of purchase, and the amount is deducted directly from your CFCU Checking Account. (Just be sure to record your transactions in your checkbook register!) Not only can you make quick and easy purchases, you can also withdraw cash from any ATM*!
What are some of the benefits of a CFCU MasterCard Debit Card?
- No more bulky checkbooks. Simply retain your receipts and record them in your checkbook register at a time that’s convenient for you
- No more waiting for check approvals
- No more hassle of showing ID
- Its preferred over a check and is accepted anywhere you find the MasterCard logo
- Access to your account balances in real time
Are there conditions or limitations I should know about?
- There is a limit of 6 ATM transactions and 20 Point of sale transactions in a 24 hour period
- Purchase amounts are limited to the amount in your account
- There is a maximum limit of $500.00 per day that you may withdraw from an ATM
- Cash withdrawals at an ATM will access your checking account and savings account.
- There can only be 6 transactions per month conducted from a savings account
What is the cost?
- There is no monthly fee
- Six (6) ATM transactions per month are allowed free of charge
- A $1.00 charge for each ATM transaction exceeding (6) per month applies
- A replacement card fee of $5.00 is applicable
- If using a CASH POINTS ATM, you will not be charged an additional fee
How do I apply for a CFCU MasterCard Debit Card?
If you are a Carolina Federal Credit Union member in good standing, have a CFCU Checking Account, and meet our minimum qualifications, you may apply for your MasterCard Debit Card. Simply contact our Member Services Representative to apply! You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
It takes approximately 7 to 10 business days to receive a new CFCU Debit Card. If you do not receive the plastic within this time-frame, please contact Member Services immediately! Your pin will arrive a few days after the card.
ATM’s for our Members
There are many ATMs available for our members to use. You as a member can use any Cash Points located in North Carolina. You can use this locator to find Cash Points. You may also go to this link for surcharge free ATMs Cash Points.
LOST OR STOLEN CARD?
To report a lost or stolen card, call 1-800-378-1955
Monday thru Friday during business hours.
After hours and on the weekends call 1-800-472-3272.