INDIVIDUAL RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS
The Carolina Federal Credit Union IRA Savings Account is a dividend-bearing savings account or term IRA certificate that provides members with a stable and conservative tax-advantaged investment as part of their comprehensive retirement savings plan.
In addition to the many positives an IRA investment may generally provide, the Carolina Federal Credit Union IRA offers these specific features:
- No minimum deposit
- Excellent monthly dividends
- No enrollment fee
- No annual fee
- No withdrawal fee
- IRA funds are invested at the credit union
- IRA account deposits are separately insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration
- No termination fee
- Payroll deductions (makes your retirement savings convenient)
- Credit union assistance with direct rollovers from a company’s qualified retirement plan(s)
- Credit Union assistance with direct transfers from other IRAs
When establishing an IRA at Carolina Federal Credit Union or at any financial institution, we recommend that you consult your attorney, accountant, or financial / tax advisor in order to determine eligibility and tax deductibility. We also suggest that you review IRS Publication 590, Individual Retirement Arrangements, or visit the IRS web site ( www.irs.gov) for more information.